Insurance of cancellation fees will secure you in case of an emergency or an unexpected change in plans where a scheduled flight will not be possible. In this situation, the Insurer will refund the entire amount you spent on the ticket purchase.
The insurer bears liability up to the sum insured indicated in the insurance documents, however, this is up to a maximum equivalent value of 5,000 EUR.
What does insurance cover?
The insurer shall reimburse the costs by the Insured for the cancellation of the flight ticket if it results from one of the following reasons:
- If an unfortunate accident resulting in immediate hospitalization of the Insured, or resulting in significant limitations of the Insured’s self-reliant mobility,
- If the insured has a sudden serious illness, requiring immediate hospitalization and without possible recovery until the Insured's planned trip,
- If the insured family member has a sudden serious illness or an unfortunate accident in which it requires immediate hospitalization, and without the possibility of recovering in time for the trip. Also, if the situation requires the Insured's presence on the territory of the Republic of Poland or the Insured's country of permanent residence,
- If a sudden illness or an unfortunate accident of the insured family’s member causing significant limitation of self- reliant mobility (ie. inability to move or self-service without the help of other people during the planned departure period) at which the presence of the Insured is required on the territory of the Republic of Poland or country of residence, confirmed by a medical practitioner.
- If you have a pregnancy at risk, complications related to the pregnancy of the Insured or the Insured's spouse/partner, resulting in at least one week of hospitalization in the period of a foreign trip or within 7 days immediately preceding the departure date. The Insurer is liable for premature delivery of the Insured or the Insured's spouse who is a co-participant in the Insured's journey. The Insurer's liability, for this reason, occurs under the condition, that at the time of the contract, the insured and/or spouse of the Insured was at the maximum of 8 weeks pregnancy, or given the situation in which the course of events become the reason for canceling the airline ticket which occurred no later than before the end of the 24th week of pregnancy.
- Death of the insurer or family member.
- Facing a serious unplanned incident at your permanent residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland or a country of permanent residence resulting from fire, natural disasters or being a result of a crime, in which it requires the insured's personal presence.
- Theft of documents necessary for travel, eg. passport, ID card, entry visa - provided that the theft took place within a maximum of 14 days preceding the date of departure and was reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Theft or fire of a vehicle belonging to the Insured in the Insured's place of residence, which causes a necessity to complete administrative and legal actions that requires the insured to be present at the country of residence. Supposing that the event occurred within 14 days immediately preceding the date of departure.